Orientation to New Comers
Recognizing the need of new-comer students, who will come for the first time away from their parental care to the urban culture of University, to entertain unknown fears, suffering from inhibitions, some confusion and a sense of bewilderment, their transition to University life is made smooth through an orientation program on the first day of the term, by teachers in each school/department. Program aims at following objectives :
1. Make students aware of campus traditions.
2. Warning students regarding stringent implications for indulging in ragging which is forbidden by
the state law.
3. Appraise the students of their objective in coming to the university.
4. Advice them to be punctual and sincere from the beginning.
To keep students, resident & non resident employees and their families healthy, happy and joyful, a health center has been constructing in the campus. The primary duties of the health center are to provide immediate medical treatment to employees & students in the campus
Health Center is equipped with many advance medical equipment like ECG machine, X- ray, Sonography computerized pathology Lab. Nebulizer, Autoclave for sterilization and miner surgery instrument there two patient wards (General & Special ) two consulting room, Dressing room, Dispensary room. Pathology Lab. Registration room, X-ray room, Operation Theater and labor room.
Health Center has started its functioning from 30 May 1998.
Dr S.G. Narkhede is medical officer of the Center to assist him one Health Center Nurse, one Tech Assistant (pharmacy) Trained Attendant (ward boy) Lab Technician (pathology) appointed by University.
Health Center provides following services at nominal charges.
1. Medicine for miner illness,
7. Pathology Test
8. Pulse Polio Vaccination
9. Triple Polio Vaccination
10. Yearly Medical checkup for all central school students.
11. Yearly Medical check up for all hostilities
No of Patients Aided in last five years In the financial year 2006-2007 Total Numbers of Patients is. 3942
- In the financial year 2007-2008 Total Numbers of Patients is. 3705
- In the financial year 2008-2009 Total Numbers of Patients is. 3671
- In the financial year 2009-2010 Total Numbers of Patients is. 4780
- In the financial year 2010-2011 Total Numbers of Patients is. 6086
1. National Health Programmed like Pulse Polio Vaccination, Triple Polio Vaccination DOT. Therapy to T.B. patients is conducted by health center
2. We organized various lectures on health by Doctors
3. Health Center provide medical assists to various sport tournament conducted in the University
4. N.S.S camp in NMU camps.
5. Periodic cardiologist check up camp.
6. Bone density camp
7. Computerized Eye check up camp
1. Auto Refractometer for computerize eye check up.
2. Dental chair
3. Yearly Medical check up of employee
4. HIV & Pre marital counseling center with help of civil hospital Jalgaon
5. Fitness center
Construction of Central Library building is progressing towards completion, in the meanwhile library is operating from Administration Building. The teaching and research needs are adequately met imaginatively through its dedicated staff. It has sufficient number of text books, reference books and encyclopedias on a variety of subjects. Besides, it provides a spacious reading room and centralized Xeroxing and printing facility to cater official as well as students needs. NMU has a place of pride to be the first University, recipient of INFLIBNET software through auspicious of UGC, made operational in 2000. It too has an Internet connectivity, where surfing for desired information can be done.
For physical development, recreation and leisure time of students, the University has provided indoor facilities such as:
English, Hindi and Marathi Newspapers.
A color TV set.
Carom Board and Chess Board.
Skipping ropes etc. in Gymkhana and Hostels.
Outdoor sports facilities such as volley ball, basket ball, badminton and cricket are provided on modest sized playground. Mountaineering, trekking and bird watching are available at student's initiative.
Fellowship to Meritorious Students
Government of Maharashtra offers 12 fellowships, each of Rs. 1,000/- to 6 male and 6 female meritorious students of M.Sc classes and 6 fellowships to research scholars undertaking Ph.D. work. To commemorate decade of University establishment, a provision of Rs. 2.0 lakhs for scholarships is made. Similarly, research fellowships through funds saved after organizing Annual Conference of Indian Council of Chemists, 1999 are also planned.
Most Schools/Departments arrange for 4-6 weeks Summer Training for the students to inculcate in them industrial culture necessary for meaningful employment.
Career Counseling and Placement Services
At the end of 4th Semester, several Schools/Departments arrange Campus Interviews as a part of extended duties towards students. This activity has started in the last 2 years and provided placement to around 10 % students.
Thus, an integrated program of students progression is implemented through the above curricular, co-curricular, value of SHRAMADAN creating, counseling and placement activities.