1. To provide students knowledge of the rich legacy and heritage of world literature as well as Indian literatures and language studies.
2. To help students imbibe the values of humanities, tolerance and citizenship.
3. To aim at a holistic development of students to mould them into nation builders.
4. To enable students develop language proficiency and lead to the fostering of research in languages and literature.
5. To nurture in the students a strong sense of roots to the Indian soil.
6. To build interdisciplinary and multi lingual approaches for a wider perspective and encourage students to undertake translation.
7. To help students find avenues of employability and encourage self-entrepreneurship.
8. To nurture creativity and originality among students.